The story so far

I PACKED THIS MYSELF is a project working with migrant workers and local communities in Cornwall, which started in 2006. The aim: to break down prejudice and increase understanding



Thursday 26 March 2020

Journeys and destinations

I suppose there is a point in keeping notebooks - providing you do look back at them occasionally.
Found this one the other day that I'd been keeping about journeys. A scribbled note of a remark I'd heard on the radio by the journalist Ed Lucas - that during the Soviet era, Russians made 'interior' journeys - alcohol, close friendships....
Then for some reason I decided to try and draw what 'home' meant to me - my house without walls. (For some reason).


 All alongside a photo ripped out from a magazine of Lindisfarne - a fabled destination of pilgrim's journeys. Migrations of a kind.