The story so far

I PACKED THIS MYSELF is a project working with migrant workers and local communities in Cornwall, which started in 2006. The aim: to break down prejudice and increase understanding



Friday 21 January 2011

An icy start to another trip to Falmouth

 In Falmouth for a second day.  And an icy start - Bartek here scraping the ice from the INSIDE of Jo's car windscreen. Jo Grace again led the workshop and reports back....

"Again we've had so much fun. I think I learn as much in the car on the way too and from workshops as I hope the students do in class. Today Bartek has been telling me "There's a Russian man, German man and a Polish man" jokes, which are like our English man, Irish man, Scottish man jokes.
                    The class ... listened well and I used the start up questions at the beginning and end, I think the question: 'Do we need migrant workers in Cornwall?' shows the most significant change in opinion, with 20out of 21 students saying 'No' at the start of the lesson, and 21 out of 21 saying 'Yes' at the end of it.
                  My throat is sore from talking so much, to the students and with Bartek, again we've really enjoyed ourselves and the students listened well. They did the postcard exercise, there is a picture of them working attached, and I also have hand written evaluation sheets from them all with some really lovely comments on."