The story so far

I PACKED THIS MYSELF is a project working with migrant workers and local communities in Cornwall, which started in 2006. The aim: to break down prejudice and increase understanding



Friday 29 January 2010

A website review

Michal Kirstein, from Gdansk, who has worked several seasons doing agricultural work in the UK, is acting as a consultant on I Packed This Myself. He kindly reviewed   myuk.info.com in the midst of his current studies in Denmark...He writes:

"Have just had a look at myukinfo.com. I have never seen it before… unfortunately! Why unfortunately? Well, I find it really useful for someone who plans to go to the UK. Looking back at my experience I would be much more prepared to my stay in the UK if I had an opportunity to get all those information in one place on the web. I remember that before I visited England for the first time, I had spent much time looking for relevant information on forums, governments sites etc. Those sources not always provided clear facts. It is a shame but I didn’t get National Insurance Number during my first three stays in the UK. Also taxes were problematic issue. I had no idea why some employees reduced my salary more than others. Many problems and uncertainties would be solved if I had access to sites such as myukinfo.com. I can imagine that this quick review might sound like an advertisement, but I’m pretty sure that many people who went to the UK years ago or who plan to go there would share my opinion about this site. Even though I have been to the UK many times, I still can find many interesting facts that I have not been aware of."